Search the Saviour

Sunday 10 October 2010

BRAGGING RIGHTS

    Paul Bearer turning on the Undertaker! Kane retaining the World Heavyweight Championship! Randy Orton walking out as WWE Champion! John Cena joining the Nexus! My god am I good, or am I good? I mean I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but come on ladies and gentlemen, I predicted them all. Hell in a Cell was a decent event, one that did a lot to advance the future of WWE. About time.
    So you could say I have the Bragging Rights if you like. And as a neat little link, we move on from Hell in a Cell to Bragging Rights. Now at time of wrtiting this, only one match has been confirmed for Bragging Rights and that is Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett with John Cena in Barrett's corner for the WWE Championship. Should be a great match. Orton possesses the all around ability that Cena never has, and he can make a star. I won't go into that until my predictions column just before Bragging Rights go live on air, but all I will say is that Barrett does not possess the ability to be WWE Champion yet - and this match can be nothing more than to further the Cena / Nexus storyline.
    Now, as we exit the devils playground for another year and let it refresh itself ready to claim more souls next year, we have to look to the oncoming storm that is the return of the Game, Triple H. Yes, he's coming and he's coming fast. Now many, including myself have predicted that Triple H is the linchpin behind Nexus. Maybe that's the truth, but if it is then that would make Sheamus a face. And I don't think Sheamus has the ability just yet to be the good guy. And as Triple H readies for his return, and the feud between Triple H and Sheamus gets going again, we can only expect a Triple H victory - there's no way the guy's coming back just to lose. Which then begs the question, are WWE really going to prolong the mystery Nexus leader until after Triple H has finsihed humiliating Sheamus?
    Of course, the Nexus leader isn't the only mystery hanging over Raw. There's the mystery of the General Manager who has never been seen. I heard just the other day two guys saying how cool it'd be if Vince McMahon was revealed as the GM. And then it struck me that today's WWE fanbase doesn;t reaaly know anything about this sport. Those of us who have been life long fans, we know how disasterous it'd be for McMahon to be GM. And also how egomaniacal. It's been built up so much that it has to be someone huge, otherwise WWE have fallen where they should have learnt. Now I hope the Raw GM is Michael Cole - if you think about it then it fits. He's the only one who can tell us what the GM thinks, he's the only one who recieves any contact with the guy. We'll have to wait and see.
    On the front of the Nexus leader, please not Triple H. Anyone who it could advance the career of. Personally Christian would be my pick. He's out of action for a while, what better way to reintroduce him as a hell which he plays best. The guys doesn't deserve to sit out on the sidelines of Smackdown doing nothing while the WWE Universe passes him by. The truth is though, that WWE bosses and Vince McMahon in particular haven't revealed either yet, because they don't know themselves. And maybe that's best for everyone. Because when WWE overtinks something, then history states that it gets it hideously wrong. I guess we're just going to have to sit tight and wait. Don;t though expect anything to happen before Survivor Series, as the Cena / Nexus story continues well into next year, this could be the thing that turns WWE on its head. Especially if Cena was revealed as the leader of ther Nexus. Although the heel turn will be a slow burner. If you;re looking for Cena to turn on anyone just yet then you're going to be dissapointed. He has a new DVD out in November and WWE are going to wring every last drop out of the Cena bandwaggon before it turns him heel. A heel turn will see millions drop from their pockets. But I guess you have to sacrifice things today, to make them work in the future. It happened with the Rock, good guy and hated, heel and loved and finally good guy and loved more. Maybe it can happen for Cena.

    On another note I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to Hulk Hogan. Ok, I can't stand the guy and I don't like him. But recently he was admitted to hospital! Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean I want to see him in hospital and it doesn't mean I want to see anything happen to him. Get well soon Hulk.

    So, it's that time again. That time we have to part company until next time. Only next time might be a while away because your saviour has a shed load of work to do. Yes! I have a private life too. You see I'm about to go and do something that I said I'd never do. Thinking about it, that's what this column has been about really. Doing things we said we'd never do. WWE said it'd never turn Cena heel. It's coming! They said that no one new would fill the main event scene this year. It's happened! So here I go, into a genre I know greatly and I hold very dear to my heart, yet its one I've never written about before in my life.
    Off you go then. Go and do whatever depraved things you do and think best for your life until its time for us to talk again. I'll see you down the road somewhere. Just make sure you stop when you see me coming.

    "Be not the prophet of doom! For doom holds no prophet at all!"

    Happy times and places...

No comments:

Post a Comment